Tuesday 22 November 2016

Actor description and interview


Actor Description and interviews


Teenage Girl 1:
We have selected our main female character to be Grace Sullivan. She studied drama at GCSE and achieved a grade A, which proves that she is more than capable for the role. Her look, as well as being attractive to male viewers, is unique and portrays a vulnerable feeling. She has an ability to appear to be emotionally connected with a character and therefore we believe that she will depict our teenage victim role very well.



Interview –


Why would you be good for the role of main female teenage victim?


I would be good for the role of main female teenage victim because I have had experience playing roles similar to this before. I also do contemporary dance which main theme is feeling vulnerable so I am used to being in this role.

Have you considered how you could show the character successfully through your body language and voice?

I feel as though the character needs to be relatable for a wide teenage market, so in terms of my voice I would roughen it down as my well-spoken voice does not tend to fit this role. In terms of body language, when feeling vulnerable it is all about reducing your surface area. This could be by crossing your arms and legs or partly having your hair over your face to show insecurity as opposed to confidence.

How does you character relate to the usual characters commonly featured in this genre?
The fact that a vulnerable female character is commonly used in the horror genre means that I can relate to the character and gain inspiration for it through watching horror films.












Teenage Girl 2:

Another member of our group of teenagers is Gemma Flower. She also studied drama at GCSE and achieved a grade C. This demonstrates that she has some key skills needed to play the role. Her character, although more in the background, is still important for our opening scene as our female teenage audience may relate to her personality. Her role is important in demonstrating the contradiction between the safety that you feel when you're with your friends, vs when you are on your own.
Interview – Why would you be good for the role of a teenage girl amongst a group of friends?
I would be good for this role as I have had acting experience as a member of the chorus in school productions. I am very good at acting physically so this suits my role of not necessarily saying as much as other characters but still being able to portray the role.

Have you considered how you could show the character successfully through your body language and voice?

I would involve myself in conversation but not necessarily be the one in charge of it. For example, I would laugh along with jokes but not essentially be the one to say them. This means that my role would be important in showing a group of friends but not required for the main story line. I would be relatable for some members of our audience.

How does you character relate to the usual characters commonly featured in this genre?

My character doesn't necessarily relate to this genre, but it relates to the group of friends we are trying to portray to our audience. The character is essential in creating a realistic story.


Teenage Boy 1:





One of the members of our cast is Connor Bassett. He has not had any major experience in acting. However, his confident personality demonstrates that he could adapt to a role very easily. His character is important as every friendship group has a couple of main characters. We would like his character to be comedic and a leader figure. This means that he may influence other characters and their decisions.

Interview -
Why would you be good for the role of a confident teenage male?
I would be good for this role as I am able to adapt my personality to suit this character. I am naturally quite funny so would be able to use this to build a persona around my character. Although I am not a natural leader, my year 6 production acting skills may shine through into this role.
Have you considered how you could show the character successfully through your body language and voice?
I think that the most confident and leader characteristics are not being afraid to say anything and not being afraid to be seen. Therefore I will talk with a loud and manly voice, which isn't natural for me. I will also not cross my arms but stand certainly, looking open for a conversation.
How does you character relate to the usual characters commonly featured in this genre?
My character is normally seen at the beginning of a horror genre to help contradict the resultant at the end of the film where the characters cocky personality is now shy and intimidated. It is important to show the psychological effects of horrifying experiences such as these.


Teenage boy 2:

Prasanna is another member of our horror film. His role is to contradict the comfort felt in a large group of people versus when you are isolated. He should add a comedic factor to the first events in our timeline of our horror film when everyone is relaxed. He tends to follow the group and does what others do to fit in.

Interview -
Why would you be good for the role of a background teenage male?
Although this is different to my normal personality traits that is what acting is all about. I haven't had much more experience in acting than a toothbrush but I think my confident personality will help me to take on a new role well.
Have you considered how you could show the character successfully through your body language and voice?
My body language will be comfortable and not overly open or hidden. My voice will be slightly quieter than normal to adapt to this role. However, i will laugh along to jokes made by other characters.
How does you character relate to the usual characters commonly featured in this genre?
My character relates to a normal member in amongst a teenage group who has a friendly personality is happy to talk to most people. I believe there is someone like this in every group so I am a relatable character.








No comments:

Post a Comment